Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, December 7, 2012

Flashback Friday

Good morning friends! As we were getting out our Christmas decorations yesterday, I thought I would share this ornament I made 18 years ago.
I made this for Jacob. I don't have the pattern. It most likely came from a library book.

Last night, I do not know why, but I made the other hot pad, with the other fabric I purchased. I should be baking Christmas cookies. I should be decorating the house. I should be finishing the ornament I just stitched up.
The cowgirl poodle on top of the hot pad is "Reba". ;)

Our treadmill died yesterday. Not good. It's gonna be a while til we can get a new one. So I bundled up and went for a walk yesterday morning. The good news is, it was so cold the pain was numbed. The bad news is, I was a dummie and didn't want to have to take two walks outside, so I walked for 40 minutes. After I thawed out back at home, the pain came and came. I am still suffering today. It will take a few days for it to settle back down. Percocet is the only way I will get through it now.

Now I need to decide on stitching or reading. I only allow myself to read while I walk on the treadmill. I love to read, it is a great motivator for me. Can't read and walk outside! ;) And I am reading a great book, Thr3e by Ted Dekker. It is one from years ago that I somehow missed. Ordered it in from another library. Jacob is reading it at night before bed. I read it during the day. It's kinda neat. We are having a book club of two!

Here is a picture of Mabel watching the ducks fly over our home to the pond in the park behind us.

If you didn't know I am having a giveaway you can read about here.

Have a wonderful day my friends! Oh yes, I want to say Hi! to my newest follower, Marilyn. =)

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

19 comments:

Giovanna said...

What a cute ornie! I hope you'll have quick relief from the pain - so sorry that your treadmill broke...

Annie said...

Cute little ornie.
You are quite a trooper to exercise through the pain. Hope it quiets down after your super-session!

Mabel looks so adorable with all that shaggy hair!

Take care and have a great weekend.

Shirlee said...

Vickie, Vickie, Vickie ... if you can come down here to the devil's playground I have a barely used treadmill you can have!

cucki said...

aww very cute ornie..i hope your pain go away soon..
love for you xx

Anonymous said...

What an adorable Ornament. I love the added safety pin.

Sorry to hear about the treadmill. Glad you were able to get out for a walk.

I hope the pain settles down soon for you.

I think its great that you can both like the same book and share it.

Mable is so cute!

Siobhán said...

Mabel is so sweet!

The ornament is just adorable!

Sorry to hear about the treadmill. :( I hope that the pain gets more manageable for you asap!

Margaret said...

Such a cute ornament! Sorry about your treadmill, and I'm especially sorry to hear you're in such pain. :( I hope it gets better soon.

Tricia T said...

I'm so sorry you are hurting today! I know the feeling.
: ( But I *love* your little hot pad! So cute!!! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog about the 25 count fabric. I have the first section all gridded and I'm so excited to start stitching!!! : )

Feel better!!!!!

Tricia

Annette-California said...

Darling ornament. So sorry to hear about the pain coming back - Will be praying for you. Have you considered that if you will be walking outside, could you listen to audio books? The library has them to. love Annette

Littlebit said...

Aww, the little ornament is cute..love the hot pad! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment.

Trace4J said...

Adorable sweet treasure.
Still praying for you friend.
WOolie Love
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Shirley said...

Hi Vickie, It has been cold and damp here. That is when I hurt and get stiff. I hope your pain goes a way soon. I love your stitching. Your Mabel is so adorable. I appreciate your visits right now. They mean a lot to me Hugs and Prayers from your Missouri Friend.

Myra said...

Such a sweet little ornament! I should be doing a lot of things too Vickie but I am not. LOL That Mabel is such a cutie.

Michelle said...

Beautiful Ornie the year my Son was born - wishing you a happy weekend x

Nicola said...

Mabel is so photogenic.

Your ornament made me smile. It is soooo cute.

I am sorry to hear that your pain has worsened. Sending BIG HUGS and positive vibes. N xxxxx

Chris said...

Bad news about the treadmill. Sorry that you are having pain issues, not good.
I love the 1994 ornament, wonderful!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Meari said...

Your ornament is adorable. Sorry about your treadmill. :(

Sally said...

What a sweet ornament!

Sorry about your treadmill. I hope your pain from your long walk will ease soon.

Catherine said...

Sweet Mabel ~ love that pic of her. What a sweet little ornament too!
I do hope you are feeling better!