Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, January 18, 2013

Two Winners!!

Good morning my friends! How are you all today? Evalina decided to stitch up Life's A Stitch after she saw my finish. =) She also decided to pass along her chart as another Travelling Pattern. She asked me to draw an additional name to win! So, Emma and Cucki are the two winners!! Keep an eye on their blogs for news on the Travelling Patterns. ;)

Unfortunately my pain is spiked up again. It happened from having to rise up and down out of my seat to allow people to come and go down the aisle two nights ago. That is when we went to see Itzhak Perlman and the Milwaukee Symphony. It was fabulous. I have got to say, seeing him perform is humbling. I do live in pain every day, but I am quite sure it is not at his level. Mr. Perlman lives in  daily pain, as he suffered polio as a child. Beethoven's Violin Concerto was absolute astounding. He has such amazing talent.

I actually felt guilt for clapping so long. The crowd cheered and cheered. He emerged just a little ways from the wings, on his crutches, for his curtain calls. Before his third curtain call, he played a joke. He threw in the towel. He threw a towel on stage, to say enough already! I had teary eyes, watching this man struggle so. What an experience!

Well, our Jacob received his letter from Marquette University. :( He is on the waiting list for the Nursing College. They have received almost 200 applications, only 56 will be admitted. We contacted our "impressive" people for letters of recommendations. He will have 4 in total. Quite honestly we still feel pretty good about it. He has a 3.9 GPA and is on the National Honor Society. He has an impressive list of accomplishments and community service too. Time will tell. Can you believe it might take until May for us to find out if he is one of the 56 students?!?

I have no pictures of stitching today friends. I have just a few final touches for the bottlecap pincushion yet. The stitching of my own design is coming along nicely. No, I am not sharing pictures of that until it is done. Believe it or not, it is not pink! And it does not involve a poodle! The shock, I know! ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful day today. There are a few of you, Shirlee, June, Cathey, who need a real big {{HUG}} today. I am thinking of you ladies and praying for you too. Take care.♥

Stitching and praying and reading a really good book too,
Vickie
(Thinking of you June)

20 comments:

Giovanna said...

You know, I had no idea that Mr. Perlman is disabled - it makes my admiration for him all the greater. I hope your pain decreases soon, and all the best for your son's application. Have a nice weekend.

Carol said...

I'm so sorry that your pain is causing problems again, Vickie--I can't imagine living with chronic pain like that. It must be so tiring...

Well, the waiting list is good--there is still hope :) It sounds like he really is an excellent candidate. The waiting until May will be hard, but I'll bet the news will be good then!

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear you are having such pain again. Hopefully you will find relief. The concert sounds amazing! Best wishes to your son ~ oh, the waiting won't be fun, but fingers crossed, it will be worth it!

Krista said...

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well Vickie. I hope you will feel better soon and find some relief of your pain.

Michelle said...

Hope you feel better soon xx

butterfly said...

Oh Vickie i pray your pain will go away again.
Also i pray that your son will get his place , hugs.

Margaret said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for Jacob. He still has a chance for sure! So hard to wait to know though. How lovely that you got to see Itzak Perlman. He is so amazing and so talented. I love to hear him play! Sorry that your pain is worse though. I hope it gets better fast.

cucki said...

Hope you feel better soon dear...
Thank you for the traveling pattern..I am so happy for it..
Big hugs xxx

Annette-California said...

Congrats to Emma & Cucki! Prayers for you getting better and have no pain & for Jacob to be accepted.
Hugs and love Annette

Emma/Itzy said...

Yay I look forward to the pattern arriving, after seeing yours I might try changing the colours than those on the pattern, will have to wait and see :) fingers cross Jacob gets place, it sounds like he application is impressive! Hope your pain eases soon. Have a good weekend xx

Siobhán said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Vickie.

My fingers and toes are crossed for your son!

Shirlee said...

Continuing to pray for Jacob! So sorry that your pain is spiking up. After dealing with my post surgery pain this week, I can't imagine someone having to live like that day in & day out for all their life. Prayers are being said for you too, my friend. I am soooooo envious of you seeing Itzhak Perlman! You are right ... what an inspiration & what a talent! You were truly blessed to be able to see him.

Michelle said...

Congrats to Emma and Cucki for winning the travelling pattern(s)! Sorry to hear that you are having a lot of pain again - will be thinking of you :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for Jacob to get accepted into that exclusive college!

Nicola said...

It is such a long time for Jacob to wait. We have a family member in a similar postion who is hoping to become a midwife. I am so sorry your pain has increased, sending you hugs.

Melanie said...

Ugh. What a terribly long wait to find out if he gets in. Deep breath. Patience is a virtue, right? Good thoughts for him!!!

Patty C. said...

So sorry you are in discomfort- i hope you feel better :)

Anne said...

I wish I could erase your pain away Vickie. Praying for you to feel better. That must have been an amazing concert. I did not know he was crippled. How amazing that he plays through his pain. Big hugs to you!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope your pain dies down!

So generous of your friend to give her chart away too!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

hello to you !

I love ste stitching of the " caniches " ..... foréver lol

bisous my friend

Parsley said...

So sorry to hear about your pain! No fun! Prayers for you.