Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Surprise In The Mail

Hi Friends!  So glad you stopped by.  A surprise came in the mail for me yesterday. Hooray! Hooray for me! That is the best,isn't it?! Guess who it was from?
Our sweet friend Annette, that's who! ;) She made me this beautiful card.♥ And take a look at what else she created for me.
A fabulous floss fob! Beautiful DMC flosses too. I love it! I now own my very first floss fob. Here is a better picture of the lovely stitching.

ooOoo! I just love those initials she stitched for me! They are fabulous. And the crown! I asked her if this means that I must surely be the queen of this household? And do you know what dear Annette told me? No, you don't, so I am going to tell you. She told me that when she sees a crown, she thinks of Jesus. "So it is like a subtle blessing from Him representing the crown to watch over you ( your initials)." I could just cry. That is so beautiful Annette. What a special, wonderful gift. Thank you! Oh yes, and Annette did say that me being the Queen of the household works too. ;)
 See the beautifully matched fabric on the back. As you can see my pink peonies finally opened up. =)

We took a trip this morning, Brian, Jacob and I. We took the Freeway Flyer from our home to Marquette University. What a great, convenient benefit for Jacob this bus will be. He will save money on gas and parking. Yay! We walked around the large campus in downtown Milwaukee. We found the buildings that are used for nursing. We also bought some t-shirts and a sweatshirt. ;)

Friends! I MAY have some exciting news for you all! I did not experience the severe sunburn pain sensation after my radiofrequency nerve ablation on Tuesday. The pain was very increased, but has slowly subsided. The bus trip today was a test of sorts for me, because.... I woke up this morning with very low pain. As in a "one or two" on the ten scale. Friends, this has not happened in many, many months!! It appears to be working.

Now for the dumb, dumb, dummy move. Yup! Do ya know what this is? I had one of these as a girl. Oh what fun! It is a Skip It. Madeleine has one like it in the garage, without the lemon, it's a pink thing on the end instead. Anyways, it was calling me. Mocking me. I had to give it a try. Ya know, just a few times right?
Dumb! Dumb! Dummy! Now both hips hurt and my left leg. =( I honestly just wanted to have fun. Really. Then I remembered the doctor saying not to do things that I know will cause the pain though. =( Man! So I took the percocet. =( Time will tell. For crying out loud!

You can still enter my giveaway here.

I will leave you with a few happy pictures of the pups taken just yesterday.
Stitching and praying,
Vickie

25 comments:

Ranae said...

What a sweet card and stitchy from Annette
You lucky gal
I remember I had one of this skip it things along long time ago
I would probably hurt myself now, lol
I hope you get feeling better
Sweet pups

Giovanna said...

So glad you're feeling less pain, but do stay away from temptations won't you :-) The floss tag from Annette is a lovely gift, and your pups are just so adorable.

Simply Victoria said...

Aww, Annette is so kind and her gift is perfect for you. I love what she said the crown made her think of. So glad to hear that you "were" feeling better. No more girlish temptations for you, hey?

CalamityJr said...

Oh my. I was never coordinated to do the skip it, not at any age! Sorry it made you ache, but how I wish we had a video of your skipping!

Annette's gift is gorgeous and her interpretation of the meaning is perfect.

So glad your family could enjoy seeing where Jacob will be spending his time. He's going to do so well!

Anonymous said...

A lovely present from Annette. The floss tag is gorgeous.
I'm glad you were feeling better and hope the skipping doesn't cause too much pain!

Very sweet pups too (:

Carol said...

What a sweet gift from Annette--I can see why you love it so much, Vickie!

Wonderful and hopeful news about the pain--sure hope it keeps getting better.

Penny said...

What a pretty gift and card! How convenient that your son will be able to ride the bus - it's always good when you can find a way to save on gas. So happy to hear your pain is better!! Always love to see those sweet little pup faces. :)

Lillie said...

What a pretty package.

So happy for you that the pain has gone away :) and you enjoyed the trip.

The pups as adorable as always.
Take care!

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet gift..everything is so sweet..
Me so happy for you that pain is going away..you are always in my prayers dear friend..
Cutie fur babies x

Annette-California said...

Love your pink peonies. Oh they are so pretty. So happy to hear your pain has decreased, but Honestly Vickie!!! You must allow your body to accept the healing and give it time. The bus ride sure was a pushing it, but Skip it? nonono. I bet it was fun though:))) Fantastic for your son how close his school is (and for you). Very happy you enjoyed your surprise from me.
love Annette

Chris said...

What A lovely gift from Annette.
That bus sounds great. So glad the pain is better. Unfortunately we just can't do the same things that we did when we were younger :(
Hugs!

Catherine said...

What a sweet gift!
So glad you are seeing some positive progress with your pain.
The pups are so sweet!!

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stitched present from Annette... and your peonies look gorgeous! x

Parsley said...

I am learning new limits as I age and that would make me sore too!

Love the pics and stitching. (especially love the pups) ;-)

Margaret said...

What a beautiful gift from Annette! It's exquisite and so sweet! Good news on the treatment! It's so hard to remember that you shouldn't do things, isn't it? Hard to keep in mind what we can and can't do anymore. Hope the pain goes away fast. Love the pics of the pups. Hope Mabel is doing well!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely gift from Annette

marly said...

What a wonderful gift, perfectly finished. Good news on your pain treatment! Hope it continues.

moreofhim said...

What an absolutely beautiful gift!! How wonderful and I love the blessing of the crown. I will always think of that now. :)

So excited about your trip! That's wonderful. I am very sorry about your pain now, though. I have done the same thing, Vickie. I've done something I really wanted to do and then paid for it in pain. I will pray that this goes away immediately! Hopefully, it's just some muscle pain that will subside quickly!!

Love those puppies! Such sweet little faces!

Many Blessings - Julie

Ele said...

Dear Vickie,

thanks so lot for stopping by and leaving a wonderful comment.

What a lovely gift you got, it is perfect for you in colour and finish

whsh you lots of fun with it and a happy stitching time

Gabriele

Mary said...

Such a beautiful gift from Annette. The colors are so soft. The added crown is a kind blessing.

That is wonderful news that your pain has subsided some, Vickie.

Your gray poodle is identical to my sister's cream pup who is 12. She is adorable!
Oh, I remember my "Jingle Jump" well. It was one of my favorite toys.

Sounds like you had a good trip to Marquette. Ironically, we know Father P, the president. It's a small world.

Unknown said...

enchanting.....I like very much
Pat

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely gift from Annette, so beautifully stitchjed and finished. Enjoy!
This is truely great news that you are feeling less pain and that the nerve ablation seems to be working.So great for you!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

VOS photos sont superbes mais j'adore celle avec les chiens !!!: bisous et calins

♥♥♥♥♥
bisous bisous

Cindy said...

What a beautiful gift, so appropriate for the queen of the home!
Sounds like such a fantastic trip, so happy for you all.
Cute pics of the babies-
and yeah for the lack of pain-maybe in time you'll be able to "Skip-It"
Hugs!

Meari said...

LOL, just had to try it didn't you? ;-) I don't blame you... I would've too!

Beautiful floss tag.