Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop

Good Morning friends! I am taking part in the Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop this year. You can learn all about it, and find out where the Hunt begins, by going to Jo's blog. Each of us in the Hunt are sharing an Easter or Spring stitched finish with you. Here is mine.
I stitched this when I was 18 years old. :) This is simply titled "May", because it is from God's In His Heaven, a pattern book by Gloria & Pat. There is a different pattern for each month of the year. I had this framed about 10 years after I stitched it. Then it hung in Madeleine's room for many years.

Each of us participating in this Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop were assigned a letter. If you visit Jo's blog to find out where to begin, then you can hop from blog to blog, collecting letters as you go. You will end up with the Mystery Phrase. :) My letter is  S. You need to visit Gracie's blog next to continue on in order, and solve the mystery!

I will be back on Easter to share two finishes with you. I took a break from Theotokos to make two Easter projects. They involve cross stitch, embroidery and sewing.
If I don't hear from you for a while, I want to wish you a Blessed Easter right now!

Beading and praying,
Vickie

31 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful post
Happy Easter dear x

butterfly said...

I love your sweet stitching just beautiful.
Happy Easter VICKIE .

stitchersanon said...

Oh thank goodness..I thought I was the only one to have posted lol xx Happy Easter!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part this year.

I love your cute children, very Spring-like.

Shirlee said...

A pretty design! Have a very Happy Easter my friend!

Margaret said...

Very fun! And at 18, wow! Happy Easter to you and yours!

LaNelle said...

Beautiful stitch! Have a blessed Easter....

gracie said...

Very sweet ....

Jackie's Stitches said...

Sweet first cross stitch project! Love that you've kept it and that it hung in your daughters room for many years.

geeky Heather said...

Darling piece!! Happy Easter to you!!

KimM said...

Darling design!! Happy Easter!

Carol said...

Wow--age 18! You've been stitching for a lot of years, Vickie (well, of course, you're only 29 now--right :)

Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter weekend together.

~Narita said...

Happy Easter my dear!!!!!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Smiles and Happy Easter :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

What a great piece. Happy Easter.

Justine said...

What lovely stitching for an 18 year old!

Astrids dragon said...

What a cute piece! Have a Blessed Easter.

Gwen said...

Happy Easter! Nice stitching.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful picture :-) Happy Easter x

Annette-California said...

Very precious sampler!
Happy Blessed Easter! love Annette

cheryl said...

Lovely stitching.
Happy Easter!

*Wisher* said...

beautiful stitching.. happy easter to you too... :D

jocondine said...

Love those pastel colors, so sweet
Happy Easter

Kaisievic said...

Happy Easter, my dear friend.

Maggee said...

Happy Resurrection Day to you and your family Vickie! Love the Easter piece you stitched at 18! I know I did not have the patience at that age... I might go check out the Blog Hop, tho I have about one hundred posts to read first! Hugs!

Simply Victoria said...

Blessed Easter to you!

Shebafudge said...

Happy Easter :)

ricketyjo said...

What a lovely piece of stitching! Have a wonderful Easter.

Brigitte said...

I just love the blog hops that Jo organizes. Your stitched piece looks so lovely.

Anonymous said...

what a meaningful piece, I'm happy you shared its history with us.
chiara

Catherine said...

Sweet stitches and very special memories too!